Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Watch Those Carbs!

I've been trying to cut carbohydrates where I can and up my protein and it's been difficult to say the least.  I love eating chips and salsa, peanut butter on GF toast, rice or GF pasta with dinner, corn tortillas with cheese... Now if I have a craving for a sandwich I have decided to exchange the GF bread with lettuce.  There are all sorts of lettuce wraps these days in restaurants, usually with junk in them we can't eat!  Here is a sandwich wrap recipe I just invented, hope you like it!

Chicken Salad Wrap
servings: 2

Ingredients:
4 large Romaine lettuce leaves
1 (5 oz.) can GF chunk chicken in water, drained
1/4 c. plain yogurt
1/2 celery stalk, chopped fine
1/4 c. cucumber, seeded and chopped fine
1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp. dried dill weed or 1/2 tsp. fresh dill
salt and pepper to taste


Directions:  Wash the lettuce leaves, pat dry and divide among two plates.  In a small bowl combine the rest of the ingredients except the avocado.  Place the sliced avocado on each of the four lettuce leaves.  Scoop out an equal amount of the chicken salad and put on each leaf.  Roll up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment