Sunday, August 8, 2010

Pizza - YUM!

YES, YOU CAN HAVE PIZZA! (you just have to know where to find it).  For me, one of the hardest foods to give up was pizza.  There wasn't a tasty gluten-free pizza in existence way back when I discovered my intolerance.  Luckily, there were people out there who listened to our demands and have created excellent alternatives.  There are now several different brands of gluten-free frozen pizzas in some grocery stores as well as online.  My favorites are the ones from Gluten Free & Fabulous.  I can even find them in my local Smith's store.  They have only two of the five choices right now, and they are:  Pepperoni and Pesto Margherita.  All other versions you can buy from their website.  Also available are gluten-free pizza dough mixes where you can make pizza at home.  I have yet to try it, but I will update you when I do!  In Las Vegas, I know of only two restaurants where you can order a gluten-free pizza.  One is Sammy's Woodfire Pizza and the other is Mark Rich's New York Pizza & Pasta.  Sammy's has more gourmet style pizzas while Mark Rich's has traditional kinds.  Lucky for me, they are both located less then three miles from my house - Yipee!  Check back for more taste-tested gluten-free fare....

No comments:

Post a Comment